Thursday, February 26, 2009

It is only a matter of time...


As a rule you can fool yourself into thinking something for only so long.  At some point, no matter how much you tell yourself it is not raining, if you are wet and water is falling from the sky...it is raining.  In the vein of thought, you can only convince yourself for so long that it is normal to sit in your bed with your knee in a machine that moves back and forth so slowly other people ask if it is really moving.  You can only check your email so many times.  Blog so many times. Twitter so many times.  Play mob wars so many times.  For too much longer, it is impossible to attempt to be with your family and do your job from a lofty tower.  All that to say I am coming to an end of my patience, and gladly my time in my bedroom and CPM machine.  I have enjoyed some of the down time.  The perspective has been great.  I have enjoyed being alone with my thoughts, but there are times when I realize that I don't have enough thoughts to be alone with.  Many of my thoughts involve other people and are stimulated by others interacting in my life.  Visitors are great and keep them coming if you have the time.  Always bring coffee if you can.  I will gladly say goodbye to my new friends of a ladybug I named Beatrice and a spider named Ulysses.  They will do fine without me.  Have a few things left to do, and I am stuck here till next Wed.  I will be ready.

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog! Cleverly writen and entertaining. If you're feeling especially bored, and need some inconsequential reading material, check out my blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete